1st July 2010, the beginning of the end. In exactly 29 days I will be turning 20. While the more ‘mature’ among you will scoff at my predicament thinking that as a young ankle-biter 20 is nothing in the greater scheme of things. My argument to all of you is that first of all, in 29 days I will cease to be a teenager, thus I will no longer be all-knowing and infinitely wise. Secondly and far more importantly, is that my teenage years have been fairly non-distinct.
I haven’t done anything that most people would call outrageous or rash or indecent. I have been a reasonably model citizen for the past 10 years and apart from the odd strange outing with other members of the Swiss Family Awesome I have done nothing hugely out of the ordinary.
So… I am compiling a list of 20 things that I have to do before I turn 20 and will no longer be able to be petulant, childish, moody or sullen. Here goes
1. Be chased by security guard
2. Ride a bike down a steep hill even though I know my breaks don’t work
3. Do an all-nighter and wake up in someone’s hedge
5. Spit off a bridge at passers-by
6. Spend a full day eating nothing but corn chips, marshmallows and choc bits
7. Moon a train
8. Steal someone’s garden gnome
9. Prank call a pizza place
10. Spend all day watching cartoons
11. Get a facial piercing/temporary tatoo
12. Ask a stranger for bus money
13. Bum a smoke
14. ‘wag’ work
15. Wear fluro colours for no apparent reason
16. Sneak into a cinema
17. Blow up someone’s mail box
18. Flash Mob in a shopping centre
19. Tell a child that Santa doesn’t exist
20. Tweet about everything that happens in my life
I think that is about it. So at least if I am going to enter this wide world of twenty something people I will do so with some quality life experience behind me.
Wish me luck